Sew A Jersey Top With Amy Budd 22 September 2022
NEW Sew A Jersey Top with Amy Budd
Learn how to sew the Coco top from Tilly and the Buttons. Easy to sew and fit, the pattern features a boat neckline and a choice of three quarter or long sleeves and optional funnel neck, rolled cuffs and patch pockets.
During the course you will learn:
• How to measure yourself (or a friend) accurately
• How to select the correct pattern size
• How to understand a sewing pattern
• How to cut out pattern pieces from fabric
• How to sew with knits
• Tips on how to customise your top to make it uniquely your own
By the end of the course you will either:
• Have a complete top to take home and wear
• Or have an almost completed top along with the skills and knowledge to finish it off at home
You will need to bring:
• Your own sewing machine in good working order (it must have a zigzag stitch)
• A ballpoint or stretch needle for your machine
• A copy of the Coco pattern from Tilly and the Buttons – available online www.tillyandthebuttons.com
• Fabric to make your top – medium weight knit fabric – examples include double knit, ponte roma. Nothing too thin or too stretchy. See back of pattern for quantity www.remnanthousefabric.co.uk
have a nice selection – Commercial Street, Harrogate
• Matching thread
• Sewing kit if you have it – scissors, pins, tape measure etc. But spares will be provided for use in the class
• Beginner dressmaker – you will need to know how to use a sewing machine but you don’t need to have made any clothes before
Time: 10.30 - 4.30 pm
Location: Just Makers Ripley
Refreshments will be provided.
Please note that there is strictly no refund (or moving to a different workshop) if cancellation is up to 14 days before the event.If cancellation is a calendar month before the event then we will offer a 100% refund. If cancellation occurs between these times we will refund you with a credit note.
If we need to cancel a workshop due to unforeseen circumstances we will aim to give as much notice as possible and a full refund. Unfortunately we cannot accept any liability for travel or other costs.
Delivery is charged as priced on each order. We aim to post out your goods within 48 hours but please note orders placed on a Friday afternoon or at the weekend will not be dispatched until the next working day. If you wish to cancel your order after it has been dispatched, you will be charged for both delivery and collection cost.
If for any reason we cannot dispatch your order within 48 hours we will contact you.
If you are unavailable when our delivery partner tries to deliver your order, they will usually try to deliver again the next working day or they will drop a card in to offer you a collection from a local collection point. If you should refuse delivery of goods, or are not available to accept the delivery on both delivery attempts, you will be required to cover any extra costs incurred.
All quoted delivery prices are for most UK Mainland addresses. Northern Ireland (BT), Isle of Wight (PO30-37), Isle of Man(IM), Scottish Highlands and Orkney Isles (PA, ML, EH, KA, G, KY, PH, DD, AB,IV, KW), Outer Hebrides and the Shetland Isles (HS, ZE) will incur additional charges and may also experience delivery delays.
We will only deliver goods to the address on the order.
It is possible to collect all orders from our Ripley shop for free. We will send you an email to confirm when your goods are ready for collection.
If for any reason you are unhappy with the goods please return them within 14 days and we will either send you a refund or replace them. When you are returning goods to us that were delivered to you undamaged please take all reasonable steps to ensure that the goods arrive back with us in the same perfect condition with all the original packaging. Please return goods using insured, registered delivery and keep safe the receipt. The cost of returning goods is at your expense. Any refunds will be issued once we have received the goods, in their original condition.
f the goods were damaged when you received them please contact us immediately to make the necessary arrangements.
The above is in addition to your statutory rights.
The address for returned goods is: Just Makers, Ripley Castle Courtyard, Ripley, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 3AY.
Telephone: 01423 772903